Recently, I was at a dinner with a number of young people that were supposedly dressed professionally and the guys did it nicely, but the young women were almost entirely wrong. I hate to say it, but it seems many young women are clueless to professional attire. Because of this fact, I’m writing to enlighten those that need it to the seven deadly sins of professional dressing.
- If your tummy bulges are hanging over your pants or skirt for the world to see… You’re NOT dressed professionally.
- If you’re wearing a top that clings to all your tummy bulges for all to notice… You’re NOT dressed professionally.
- Flip flops and sandals… Not professional.
- Super short skirts… Nope!
- Tattoos uncovered… Do I need to say it?
- The “Goth” look… Really???
- And finally, if your bosom is exploding from your top…NOT PROFESSIONAL!!!
For most of us, this should be common sense, but WOW, I see it all the time! This isn’t acceptable; by just about any standard (The last few might work for a stripper, but let’s hope that isn’t where you’re going!).
It’s not that hard to find acceptable clothing at even Walmart or a thrift shop, so cost shouldn’t be the issue. Besides that, there are places that will assist you in finding proper attire. Clothes That Work is a great group for assisting women with clothing choices, if cost is an issue. Dressing appropriately can be the difference between a strong future and unemployment, so don’t risk it.
You can easily look online for clothing suggestions, examples are literally everywhere. If you must, do a little research before going shopping. Great, affordable looks are out there and easy to find… You won’t regret doing a little research.
Play it safe, so you don’t end up destroying a great opportunity.